Enhanced maternal and child health is a major public health concern in Ghana. The country has over the years, directed resources to increase the quality of life for women and children. TFHO’s activities in this area, are geared towards supporting Ghana’s vision to improve health indicators in MCH.
What it is?
A chlorine-based tablet that makes water clean for mothers and children under five years of age to promote good health.
Destroys 99.99 % of viruses, bacteria and giardia within 30 minutes in non-turbid water.
How to use Aqua tabs
- Use one 67mg Aqua tabs Tablet to treat 20 liters of water.
- Filter cloudy water and drop 2 tablets before use.
- Wait for 30 minutes before using the water.
- Keep treated water in a clean container and cover to avoid recontamination.
- Ensure water is treated with water treatment tablets always. Even clean water may contain micro-organisms that can cause dangerous diseases such as diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, amoebiasis and many others.
- Do not swallow tablets.
Key points to note
- Clean water for everyday use by mothers and children.
- Safe drinking water for mothers and children.
Can be used for drinking, cooking, washing (hands), fruits, vegetables, brush teeth etc.
Helps to prevent diarrhoea diseases in children, which is a leading cause of death in children under five years old.